Friday, November 23, 2012

Olympic Tennis in Beijing 2008

August 25, 2008


One of the most memorable days of my life was to actually be in an Olympic Games. Never in my dreams did I think I could be attending one, and here we are, my parents, my brother and I.

There were three Tennis finals that August 17, 2008. Women's singles with Dementieva vs. Safina (both from Russia). Women's doubles with US (ftrg. the Williams sisters) vs. Spain. And the main event, Men's Singles with Nadal of Spain vs. Gonzalez of Chile.

Watching an actual Olympic Medal Awarding Ceremony as it happens was unreal. And we got to see three that day! A most exciting day indeed!

Security Check
Just to get into the bus depot


Bird's Nest

Better view of the Birds Nest

The Water Cube

Athletes Village 1

Athletes Village 2

Entering the Tennis Center

The Schedule Board

Approaching Center Court

Elena Dementieva

Dinara Safina

Women's Singles Medal Ceremony

All Russian Medalists
Dementieva (Gold), Safina (Silver), Zvonareva (Bronze)

Venus and Serena!!!
I think this is the absolute closest I can get to these tennis greats. Very exciting!

I was absolutely starstruck here!


The Williams Sisters win!  But of course!

Nadal vs. Gonzales for the Men's Singles Gold

Nadal (Spain)

Gonzales (Chile)



Nadal Wins!

Center Court View 1

Center Court View 2

Nadal Interview 1

Nadal Interview 2

Women's Doubles Medal Ceremony

Gold - USA, Silver - Spain, Bronze - China!


Serena gets her Medal


Chinese Bronze Victory Lap

Novak Djokovic!!!
An unexpected bonus was to see Djokovic in the flesh as well, as he gets his Bronze Medal in Men's Singles.


Rafa and Nole


Golden Boy

Family Pic!


No comments:

Post a Comment