Saturday, November 24, 2012

Davao City: Eagles, Crocodiles, atbp...

November 8, 2008


October 29, 2008 - The visit to the Philippine Eagle Center is one of my most anticipated events in our trip to Davao. I was in awe of the majestic Philippine Eagles there! I hope their efforts to protect and breed these endangered birds will persevere and succeed. Seeing Pag-asa (Hope) and the rest of the Philippine Eagles there was a surreal experience. I did not want to leave right away.

October 31, 2008 - After a sumptuous lunch with my high school classmates Jho Dawa-De Vera and Jen Soliman-Tee with their spouses at the Harana Restaurant (thanks Jho!), we went to the Davao Crocodile Park. There we got to see another of Davao's wildlife treasures, a huge crocodile named Pangil (Fang). In the souvenir shop there, a rather shabby-looking but undoubtedly original crocodile skin belt cost a whopping P23,000!

While we were there, I saw the White Water River Ride center. I found it a bit too discomfiting that the River Ride is handled by the Crocodile Park, isn't it? Hehe. Anyway, too bad that the minimum age to ride was 8 years old. I guess that will have to wait until our next family visit to Davao.

The Phil Eagle Center
For me, the most fascinating place I visited in this trip. I value the time spent here with these rare animals.


Kite

Treehouse

Grass Owls


Pag-asa












Davao Crocodile Park
And mini-zoo as well. Not too cheap entrance fee.



Pangil
Biggest and oldest croc in the park.


Not too clear closeup shot of Pangil




No comments:

Post a Comment