Saturday, November 24, 2012

Beijing: Tian'anmen Square

October 3, 2008


Tian'anmen Square is the largest public square in the world, covering an area of 44 hectares, 500 meters wide and 800 meters long.

It was rainy that morning that my brother and I went to walk on Tian'anmen Square in the center of Beijing. The Mausoleum of Chairman Mao stands on the southern end of the square. It closes at 12nn sharp, so that day, we missed this.

The next day, I came by myself. However, I found out that you cannot bring anything inside the Mausoleum except yourself and your clothes you have on. And they do NOT have a bag counter. So if you are alone and with a bag, you will not be allowed to enter unless you will risk to leave your bag outside! So I was not able to go inside the Mausoleum at all. The ideal situation is: you have a companion, and you each go in one at a time.



















No comments:

Post a Comment