Friday, December 14, 2012

Sydney, Australia Day 2 (Oct. 17, 2009)

October 22, 2009


We were free to roam the city on our own on the second day. I was with Drs. Sarmiento and Potenciano. We walked to Queen Victoria Building again, and took the free shuttle bus (#555) to Circular Quay from there.

We spent the morning roaming the shops at the section called The Rocks. This is the historical section of Sydney, with several exclusive shops. The DFS Galleria was there. And since this was a Saturday, there was also the Weekend Market. There were so many stalls selling all sorts of Australian arts and crafts. The choices were overwhelming.

I had a cultural day ahead of me today. We had our lunch at one of the food stands at the Lower Concourse of the Sydney Opera House. Our tickets for "God of Carnage" were for the 2pm Matinee. I already posted my review for this great black comedy play. After the play, we walked around a bit more, but I had to rush back to the hotel in order to prepare for another play I booked for the night. I will post the review of that play also today.

A Pub

Jacaranda Trees

Parliament Building

QVC

A Urinal in QVC



Free Bus 555 Approaches

Circular Quay


Museum of Contemporary Art

Argyle St. in the Rocks






The Settlers

The Soldier
Weeke

Weekend Market











Wild Parrots on the Tree

Foot of Harbor Bridge








Mighty Angus Burger from McDonald's

Capitol Theater



The Stage

The Curtain Call

Elphaba

Fiyero

Galinda



No comments:

Post a Comment